Friday, April 4, 2014

Day 3 - First Cleanse Day



The day began a little differently.  I had gone to derby practice the night before and came home and had a few cups of water, however I didn't drink my normal nightly herbal tea nor did I take any extra protein after my work out.  I went to bed and with a cough, ended up taking a little bit of cough syrup and I wasn't sure how that would affect me or the plan in general.

I awoke, hit the head and straight to the scale: 241 lbs. - down 1.5 lbs from yesterday and 4 lbs. total.  That was enough to keep me motivated for cleanse day :)

I enjoyed my first cleanse beverage with my natural accelerator at about 6:30 am. I liked the berry flavor.  Now after the last few "fad" cleanses I have used I was worried how my system would react and I can gratefully say that no ill side effects occured !!  YAY!

Then due to having coughed a lot in the beginning of the night, I went back to bed for a few hours.  I am not sure if this helped or hindered me, but it passed the time and I wasn't being hungry.

At 9:15 am I had a serving of Ionix Supreme, cold this time. (Still good) and 1 IsaDelight chocolate as I was feeling a little light headed.  I also had a few cups of water and then got ready for the day.

Now as this was my first cleanse day and I have a good friend and teammate, Risty Business, also doing the 30 challenge we decided to spend some time together to keep each other going strong.


At 11:00am we enjoyed our 2nd cleanse beverage of the day together.

We continued to work on roller derby items and just get caught up with our lives.  Then at12:30 pm we had 2 cups of water, natural accelerator and 2 snacks.  Risty ordered the Berry snacks, so we swapped.  The Berry is nice and tart while the French Vanilla is sweet.  It was nice to try something new.  It was this time between 11am and 2 pm that was the hard for me.  My tummy growled a bit and I felt a bit hungry but nothing unbearable.

I returned to town for a job interview and had my 3rd cleanse beverage at 2:30pm right before my interview.  I then ran some errands and treated myself with a nice caffeine free herbal tea.

At 5:15pm I enjoyed another Isadelight chocolate and another serving of Ionix Supreme (hot this time).  For some reason, hot helps me think it is "real" food...lol  I then waited a half hour and at 6pm had 2 snacks and 2 cups of water.

8pm came and I enjoyed my 4 and final cleanse of the day hot.  Drinking the cleanse hot was good, but I think I prefer it cold...it is more like Kool Aid that way :) 

Then at 9pm I had my herbal tea and 1 Isaflush.

Overall, I think today was a real success.  I didn't spend the day in the bathroom feeling awful and I actually had a lot of energy and happy pep!

No comments:

Post a Comment